May 22, 2011
Human CO2 emissions are insignificant when compared to what nature emits. Consider that 20 percent of the planet’s flora emits a greater amount of CO2 than all humans put together, by a factor of 14. Twenty percent is the total of flora found on land. The rest, 80 percent, is found in oceans and seas. Current alternative energy technologies are four times more expensive and much less efficient than traditional sources. The “greens” reject nuclear energy even though it is much more efficient than other technologies, including wind and ethanol for transportation. Adoption of alternative energy sources and the fear created by the false anthropogenic global warming threat has made people poorer. And the consensus? It is driven by politics, not science or technological advances.